Easy fudge recipe is a kind of a chewy candy made primarily with sweetened condensed milk, butter, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also add chopped walnuts but this is optional.
When it comes to fudge recipe people tends to think of it only around Christmas time. But fudge is not only perfect for Christmas alone it is also perfect to make during summer even at a birthday party because it’s a simple no-bake treat.
This fudge recipe I want to share with you is super easy and there is no candy thermometer required and it only takes a few minutes to make. This fudge recipe is not only super easy but it also takes only three ingredients.
I do love to use semi-sweet chocolate chips to make my fudge, but white chocolate chips work great with this recipe too. Since the weather is extremely hot lately and the last thing some people want to do is to turn our ovens on.
Benefits of Easy Fudge Recipe
The cocoa in the fudge is healthy because it is high in antioxidants. The benefits of antioxidants are that they cleanse oxidized particles from your body. These oxidized particles form the basis of toxin buildup, for example in fat cells, the brain, the liver.
Oxidized fat in the arteries is the origin of plaque buildup that often leads to heart disease, heart attack, stroke, and high blood pressure. Oxidized substances in the body may be a major culprit for stroke, aging, cancer, heart disease, and many more degenerative conditions.
Read also: Best Recipes for Manicotti You Should Try
Major ingredients needed for Fudge Recipe
As I said before we only need three ingredients to make this fudge and the ingredients are:
- Chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chopped walnuts
Let me quickly talk about each of them:
- Butter: Adding just a couple of tablespoons of butter helps create a smoother consistency. You can actually make fudge without butter but trust me butter added to it makes it smoother.
- Chocolate chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can also go for white chocolate chips or even dark chocolate. To make fudge you will be using three cups of chocolate chips.
- Sweetened condensed milk: You will need one 14-ounce of canned sweetened condensed milk. You can also decide to use fat-free milk.
- Chopped walnuts: Additionally, this ingredient is completely optional. If you don’t love nuts, feel free to leave them out of the recipe. You can even use chopped pecans instead of using chopped walnuts.
Other ingredients needed
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweeten condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
How to make Easy Fudge Recipe Chocolate
- For you to make this fudge, you will start by combining all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Then, place the saucepan on medium heat and stir the mixture continuously until it’s nice and smooth. You can use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the saucepan so that none of the chocolate burns.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, remove it from the heat and scoop into an 8-inch square baking dish. You can line your dish with parchment paper or foil and leave some overhang before adding the fudge, I like doing that also because it makes it easier to lift the fudge out of the pan and slice the fudge.
- Spread the fudge into one even layer, then cover it, and place it in the refrigerator. It will take you about 3 hours to fully firm up, you can even prepare this the night before also.
They are several ways of making this fudge but I just did a simple way that you can make this fudge but I am also showing you another method of making fudge that I love.
- Mint chocolate: You can use either white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips and add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. You can add more extract but before then taste it first.
- Cookies and cream: Use the semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips and add 1 cup of chopped Oreos.
- Cranberry pistachio: You can use semi-sweet or white chocolate chips and add 1/2 cup of sweetened dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of chopped pistachios.
Method of preparation
- Firstly line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil leaving some overhang for easy removal. Set this aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter to a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread around into one even layer.
- Put inside a refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until fully chilled and the fudge is firm. Remove from the pan using the overhang from the parchment paper or foil, slice the fudge into pieces, and served.
How long does it take to get Fudge ready?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Serving: 16 pieces
Baking tips for Fudge Recipe
- Before you start, line a dish with parchment paper or foil and leave some overhang. This will make it much easier to lift the fudge out and also easier to clean up after everything.
- While your fudge is cooking, make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the pan and stir continuously.
- Your fudge will soften some at room temperature. So it’s best to keep it inside your refrigerator until you are ready to consume it. You can also save it in your refrigerator for 3 months.
Nutritional Content of Fudge Recipe
This easy fudge recipe makes really soft, melt-in-the-mouth British-style fudge. A batch of super-creamy fudge makes a brilliant present for Christmas and on birthdays.
Fudge chocolate takes no time to prepare and is so dense and chocolatey that you do not even mind those extra calories. Fudge is a kind of chewy candy made primarily with milk, butter, and chocolate.