One pot vegan meals are vegetarian meals that exclude meats, eggs, dairy products, and all other animal-derived ingredients. The word vegan refers to either a person who follows this way of eating or to diet itself. In this article, I’m writing about meals for vegans which are one-pot meals. I really wanted to do some very simple party delicious one-pot vegan recipes.
One pot vegan meals
Now we’re Using really simple minimal ingredients but bold flavors. So the first one was going to do is like a Mexican one pot rice really simple and Hearty and the second one. I want to share with you is inspired by a check Shook on so Shake shooter is a middle eastern.
North African kind of meal where they use poached eggs in the tomato sauce that they really seasoned and flavored. Well, we’re going to make that but without the egg, because I’m vegan still going to be really delicious and tasty using vegetables. So I really hope you enjoy the recipes this week.
Well Season and Flavored Tomato Sauce
So let’s get into these really simple delicious one-pot vegan recipes. So this is the Harissa paste that I’m using. I really like this one. I actually got it from Sainsbury’s and I’ve got some paprika with it. Then we’ve got Peppers garlic red onions chickpeas aubergines some cashews that are soaked in some tomato passata and some bread.
Read also: Cheap Pasta Meals
Method of Preparation
- So I’m going to start off by finally. Slicing up my red peppers and my yellow peppers the once I’ve done that I am going to finely dice some red onion. Well, one red onion once I’ve done that to a pan.
- I’m just going to heat up some olive oil. If you don’t cook with oil spoils the oil salt in water. So we’re going to get that onion nice and brown and starting to loosen up and then once we’ve done that, we are going to add in the peppers then season with a bit of salt and black pepper mix it together.
- Let them soften up now while those are kind of breaking down. We’re gonna start chopping up our aubergines. So I just want them into small chunks. Now, the onions are soft and the peppers are really starting to soften up.
- We are going to saute in our aubergines. So we’re just going to pour them straight into the pot and get mixing clearly. Once again, Rachel needs a bigger pot. Then we’re going to add in our Harissa paste and my 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika and mix that all together. I love the colors that are coming out almost forgot the garlic you already know that I love garlic.
- So I’m going to sort of stir that in and it’s so rich in color. The kitchen is smelling amazing. The seasoning is just so delicious. I really love Harissa and if you make it yourself even better. This is a one-pot recipe but given the fact that I started off with a part. That wasn’t a big enough typical rate.
- I’m just going to add it to a bigger part that I’m going to put in some chickpeas. These are already cooked and then chopped tomatoes and we’re going to mix that in if you want a loser texture you can add about 200 milliliters of vegetable stock, but I prefer it like this personally and then I’m just going to add in one teaspoon of maple syrup.
- This is completely optional you don’t have to then season with a bit of salt and black pepper mix it all together. And then we’re going to put this in the oven to cook for about 20 minutes and really let those flavors sync with each other and get the aubergine The Roasting as well.
Read also: Easy Low Calorie Vegetarian Meals
While that’s cooking we’re going to make a cashew dip. So we just got some cashew nuts some water 1 teaspoon of garlic granules as well as some black pepper and some salt and then the squeeze of half a fresh lemon really simple Blitz it up in a food processor.
Method of preparation
- And then you get this kind of consistency. I actually wanted it a bit thicker but I didn’t actually have any more cashews but I will manage that. So this is still a really delicious simple creamy sauce. If you have nutritional yeast you can add that as well.
Straight out of the oven. So I’m just going to add in some of the cashews as well as a bunch of fresh parsley and some extra virgin olive oil just to finish it off and some black pepper. Then you have this amazing massive dish. I’m serving it with some bread and you just dip it in and it is amazing. You can also have this with some vegetables or some brown rice. Whatever takes your fancy. So I’ve been dipping it into the bread and it’s honestly so delicious, but I still have a bowl.
Wow, that is really delicious. You don’t have to add the cashew cream thing on top. I was doing experimental with it. It goes really nice. If you put it on some bread and then you add the sugar on top. So how do I even describe everything that’s going on?
My lap is so so delicious. You can taste the paprika the chilies the garlic is really simple, but yet Boulders flavor really nice flavor because we’ve roasted the tomatoes and the peppers have had time to kind of bring out a little bit of sweetness and it’s just much tastier.
Yeah, and richer in flavor, and the chili is just right so delicious and especially roasting over jeans. I love the texture of roasted over geez. If you just boiled it on top of the stove. They got a bit watery and runny but put them in the oven. It’s so much tastier and they’re slightly a little bit chewier just really really love that recipe.
Read also: Whole30 Crockpot Freezer Meals in 90 Minutes
One Pot Mexican Rice
But let’s get into the next one the really hearty hearty hearty one-pot Mexican rice. So if the seasonings we’ve got paprika Cumin, chili some cooked black beans and rice. Kidney beans tomato passata onions red peppers green peppers fresh lime garlic vegetable stock paprika coriander.
Method of Preparation
- I’m going to start off by and dicing up some red onions into small little pieces and then we’re going to dice up the red peppers and the green peppers. I used half of each Pepper for this recipe then to a big part. We’re going to sort out ideas and really start to lose them.
- Get them nice and brown and sweat it out. Once we’ve done that. We’re just going to add in our peppers. And it’s garlic add a pinch of salt and mix it all together and let these start cooking and infusing together.
- Once you’ve done that we’re just going to put in our seasoning our paprika cumin and chili mix it all together to combine if it starts to stick you can add some water or extra oil to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan major key for this is to use a really good nonstick pan.
- Then we’re going to add in our rice which has been washed three times. You really want to make sure you give it a good wash before you cook something like this or race in general. I’m just going to mix that all together.
- Then we’re going to add in our tomato pasta. So it’s nice and smooth. Mix that together and then we’re going to add in our vegetable stock hot vegetable stock mix it together and then we’re going to add in our kidney beans as well as our black beans. I’m going to mix this together.
- Make sure you season with a good amount of salt. It’s essential for a recipe like this, especially when you’re cooking rice to help bring out the flavors. I’m gonna bring it to a boil and once it starts to boil. We’re going to put the lid on the lowest heat possible.
- Let that simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid after 10 minutes take the lid off mix it all together to make sure that the bottom comes to the topped again even cooking and you’re going to put the lid on top again and cook for another 10 minutes. Don’t remove the lid lowest heat possible. Then remove the lids mix it one more time. Put the lid back on top. I just leave it to simmer to cook for 15 minutes and it shoots and fuse together and delicious and I paired it with some coriander some fresh lime and some avocado.
- This one is so hard to really simple all in one pot be mindful of the steps that I’ve given because I know cooking rice can sometimes be really messy, especially when you start adding in spices tomatoes peppers. It’s like when you’re making like a Jollof or when you’re making rice and peas the techniques I’ve suggested definitely take them on board unless you have a rice cooker. I don’t actually have a rice cooker. So I presume cooking it with a rice cooker would be a lot easier simple and you would definitely get it.
Just follow my steps and it should work out perfectly is really delicious if you are. Wait, this recipe highly recommends adding something like vegan creme fraiche or maybe guacamole. They’re really light and delicious. So it will just really complement the heavier hearty rice. I really hope you guys enjoy these recipes.