Are you looking for something attractive to top your cupcakes? Have you checked out this amazing peanut butter frosting recipe that fits perfectly well on top of your cupcake trust me you won’t regret it cause it’s healthy and packed with protein…
This recipe will never fail you, if you combine peanut butter with chocolate it tastes really great. Peanut butter frosting is the best buttercream frosting you have ever tasted, it tastes so great. It is also great for just eating by the spoonful.
One wonderful thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to make and it doesn’t consume your time, also with few ingredients your delicious peanut butter frosting is ready. Peanut butter frosting is smooth, creamy, and great for piping on top of cupcakes or decorating a cake.
To make a peanut butter frosting recipe properly, you will need peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Read on as you will know how to make this mouth-watering peanut butter.
Let us look at Tips on how to make Peanut Butter Frosting;
Tips on How to Make Peanut Butter Frosting
- I don’t like using natural peanut butter (the kind that separates, you know the one that you usually need to stir before using). I haven’t tried using it before but I’m pretty certain that it wouldn’t work too nicely with this recipe because it would be too oily.
- Peanut butter frosting is very delicious, for a stiffer frosting, you can add an additional 1/2-1 cup (65-125g) of powdered sugar.
- Chunky or creamy peanut butter can work in this peanut butter frosting recipe, but I don’t like using chunky unless you don’t intend to pipe the frosting. The little peanut pieces will clog up your frosting tips in a second.
How to Make Peanut Butter Frosting
- Firstly, add 1 heaping cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of softened butter into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter and peanut butter together until they are fully combined.
- In a large bowl, add 4 cups or 1 pound of powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and 1/4 cup of milk. Mix carefully so that you won’t send the powdered sugar flying over the kitchen.
- Once the mixture is combined, turn up the mixer to medium speed. You can add more milk if it’s necessary to get the best peanut butter buttercream frosting to be the right consistency which is a little thicker than regular buttercream frosting but thin enough to spread on your cake or cupcake.
Read also: How to Make Garlic Butter
How Much Peanut Butter Frosting Do You Need?
It always depends on how thick or thin you apply the frosting or how much decorating you do but I have a couple of guidelines for you. This recipe should make enough best peanut butter buttercream frosting to cover a 9” * 13” sheet cake or a two-layer 8” cake. If you are making cupcakes, and you are applying the frosting with a knife you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes. But if you are using a pastry bag to swirl on the frosting, you should be able to frost 15-18 cupcakes depending on the size of the swirl you are using.
How Do You Thicken Peanut Butter Frosting?
If you mistakenly add too much milk to it, add a tablespoonful of powdered sugar. If necessary you could also add in a touch more peanut butter.
Try your peanut butter frosting with:
- Banana cupcakes
- Cookies and cream cupcakes
- Homemade chocolate cupcakes
- super fudge brownies
- Chocolate cakes
Read also: Best Recipe for Bahama Mama
Can You Pipe Peanut Butter Frosting?
Yes, you can pipe peanut butter frosting. Be sure to add milk slowly. If the frosting is too runny it won’t hold a shape. But if the frosting is ok it will hold shape.
Can You Color Peanut Butter Frosting?
Yes, you can color peanut butter frosting but since it already has a yellow/tannish tone you may have a hard time getting the color you will like. One option is to refrigerate the frosted cake, then make a small amount of vanilla buttercream. Color the exact color you will like and put a very thin layer of frosting on the outside of the cake. The main flavor of the peanut butter frosting would still be peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 21/2 cups
- 1 heaping cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of milk or as needed
- Decorating bags
- Wilton 2D decorating tip
Method of Preparation
- Firstly, mix the peanut butter and butter together until it is combined well. For like 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix carefully at first and then at a higher speed until it is the right consistency. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
- Add in the remaining cup of powdered sugar. Beat for 1 minute.
- Taste the frosting and if you need another tablespoon or two of heavy cream to make the frosting spreadable, add it in.
- Add more milk if necessary.
How You Can Store Your Peanut Butter Frosting?
You can store your peanut butter in a tightly covered container and put it inside the fridge for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. But peanut butter is safe to leave at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Note: When choosing peanut butter, use a commercial brand peanut butter such skippy or if. Avoid natural, oily, or homemade peanut butter as the consistency will cause this frosting to separate and curdle.
- Calories: 208 Kcal
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 15.5mg
- Sodium: 116.2mg
Peanut butter fits perfectly on top of your cupcake, it tastes extremely great. This recipe won’t fail you, trust me. If you combine peanut butter with chocolate, the taste is wow… Peanut butter frosting is the best buttercream frosting you have ever tasted, the taste is mouth-watering and it is also great for just eating by the spoonful.
One wonderful thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to make and it doesn’t consume your time. Also with few ingredients, your delicious peanut butter frosting is ready. Peanut butter frosting is smooth, creamy, and great for piping on top of cupcakes or decorating a cake. Peanut butter goes well with banana cupcakes, cookies, cream cupcakes, homemade chocolate cupcakes, and super fudge brownies.
With this recipe, you will be able to make the best peanut butter you have ever tasted.