Knowing the recipe for stuffed pepper soup and how to make pepper soup will save you money spent at a restaurant and eatery just to get it prepared when needed. Pepper soup is an African dish made with Goat meat, pepper, pepper soup spices, scent leaves, and other delicious ingredients.
Pepper soup is usually liquid, usually served hot and this is made by boiling the goat meat or fish of your choice in other to get flavors from them.
Recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup
Recipe for stuffed pepper soup is available and suitable for all seasons of the year, and it also adds a little more zing to your day if you are not feeling so well. It is usually peppered but you can choose to reduce the quantity of the Habenero peppers and the chili pepper.
The broth from this meat is then further seasoned with authentic African spices. It can be served with boiled rice, potatoes, or eaten like that.
A lot of people enjoy pepper soup because of its deliciousness and aromatic flavors, without having the knowledge about the numerous medicinal benefits derived from the pepper soup made with herbs and spices, some of which are used in African traditional medicine to this day.
Health Benefits of Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
For fever and flu, pepper soup is very medicinal when taken hot, and its spices tackle all feelings of cold and chest congestion and provide almost instantaneous relief.
- Negro pepper: This is also known as uda seed is popularly used as a post-natal meal for recuperative measures and helps the healing process of wounds incurred during childbirth, it treats problems like stomach ache, stimulates the stomach, constipation, dysentery, which then secretes more hydrochloric acid that helps to digest protein in foods, it also induces antibodies that help our body fight viruses and bacteria.
- African nutmeg: African nutmeg has a very sweet aroma, it’s in the form of a seed which is first roasted to release its flavors and then ground into powder form before adding into the pepper soup. Research confirms that these spices help in treating mild fevers and control heartbeat and blood pressure, and also helps with kidney stones, treats insomnia. The African nutmeg is widely used to relieve dysentery, used as worm expeller, dermatitis, toothache, and headache.
- Pepper Pepper is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, most B vitamins, and in particular vitamin B5. They also are very high in potassium, magnesium, iron, and rich in calcium and phosphorus.
Pepper soup spices also contain phytonutrients, which helps break down fat cells, and also increases metabolism.
Read also: 5 Easy Appetizer for Thanksgiving
Reasons Why you Should Use Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Stuffed pepper soup is a low-calorie meal. The water content keeps you full, while the pepper in the soup increases your metabolic rate, the goat meat or fish yields the required proteins, and the garlic, ginger, onions, etc. boost your immune system.
So now that you know what this mouth-watering soup is packed with, here is how you can enjoy your pepper soup.
How to make Stuffed Pepper Soup
To make a stuffed pepper soup, put cleaved meat in a huge pot and cover with a portion of the water (about 500ml).
Add a tablespoon of the zest blend, some salt, the Maggi bouillon 3D shapes, some red bean stew powder, the crawfish if utilizing, and the lemongrass packs. Mix and permit to stew on low warmth till fluid reaches boiling point.
At the point when the fluid goes to the bubble, add the leftover 2 liters of water and the remainder of the pepper soup zest blend. Permit cook on medium-low warmth. Change salt and pepper to taste and stew till the meat is delicate yet isn’t tumbling off the bone.
Read also: Traditional Spanish Food You Should Eat
Recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup and How to Prepare
- Wash the cut goat meat clean and put them in a pot, add chopped onions, pepper, Maggi cubes, the small pitch of salt, garlic, and ginger to taste. Put it on low heat and steam for 20 minutes for it to be tender
- Add the pepper, ginger powder, the remaining onions, ground African nutmeg, negro pepper, minced garlic, Maggi cubes, and salts to taste. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the saint leaves and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with Rice, Yam, or eat like that.
- Tenderly toast the entire flavors – aniseed pepper, coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, and dark peppercorns in a container, for a moment or thereabouts. Eliminate from the warmth when the scent begins coming through.
- Permit to cool then in a flavor processor, consolidate with the ground flavors and mix till fine. Store in a water/air proof holder and use as required.
Ingredients for Pepper Soup
- 3 pound white of goat meats
- Chopped onions
- Maggi cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
- Scent leave,
- 3 cloves of minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 3- 4 Basil chopped
- 1 seed of ground African nutmeg
- Negro pepper (UDA seed)
- four cups of water
- You can substitute scent leave to uziza or bitter leave or mint leaves if you choose.
- The amount of peppers you add to the pepper soup depends on your heat tolerance so feel free to increase or reduce the number of peppers you use.
- To avoid chunks of onions in your pepper soup, it’s a good idea to either mince the onions or use the smaller hole on the grater to grate the onion into smaller sizes so that it will not be seen.
Pepper soup is a very delicious meal. Suitable for all weather but very suitable for cold weather. it is a very popular dish in Africa, served at homes, restaurants, hotels, marriages even at the recreation center. Pepper soup has a lot of healthy benefits, it’s also very good for mothers who just conserved their baby. Helps in healing the wounds after birth.