They are a lot of Spanish foods near me but in this article, we are going to discuss 10 Spanish foods near me with their recipes. Some are easy to prepare while some will take time. But trust me they are surely delicious and mouth-watering once, apart from being delicious they are very nutritious some ingredients got directly from the sea which is more of iron.
10 Best Spanish Foods Near Me
In our previous article “traditional Spanish foods“, we discussed and listed good traditional Spanish foods for a Spanish locale. However, in this article, we have listed the best 10 Spanish foods near me and possible ways on how to prepare them.
Below are the Spanish foods near me;
1. Paella de Mariscos
Pella de Mariscos is one of Spain’s iconic saffron rice dishes, cooked with spicy seafood broth, and served with fresh assorted seafood. Seafood has a high amount of ion which is very good for your health.
Paella de Mariscos is a very delicious meal but it is not prepared so fast unlike fast foods, it takes like 2hours 5minutes to prepare this mouthwatering delicacy.
Not only is this a classic Valencian dish, but it is also considered Spain’s national dish, and pain is known for its delicious food.
Ingredients for Paella de Mariscos
For fish stock
- 1kg of seafood
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 celery
- Bay leaf
- Some peppercorn
- 1kg onion, finely chopped
- 2kg tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 3cups for every 1 cup rice fish stock
- 2 tablespoon sofrito (per person)
- 50 grams Spanish bomba rice or any Indian starchy short-grain rice (per person)
- As needed fresh seafood clams, squid(cut into rings), cleaned prawns, mussels, small cubes of fresh white fish like bhakti, or snapper.
- Vegetable (red and yellow peppers and, green peas)
- Olive oil
How to prepare Paella de Marisco
- Add oil to a paella pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until softened, about 5 minutes. stir in tomatoes and bell pepper. continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until peppers have softened.
- Stir in garlic, and saute for another minute. Add rice and stir to combine. Toast the rice in the pan, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in wine and bring to a boil, and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, saffron, and salt. Turn the heat down to medium-low and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until half of the liquid is absorbed, gently moving the pan around occasionally to make sure the rice cooks evenly. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in roasted red peppers. Nestle all of the seafood except the shrimp into the rice. Make sure everything is tucked in and evenly distributed.
- Continue cooking, simmering for 20 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is al dente. Add shrimps and green peas in the last 8 minutes of cooking, distributing them evenly in the rice.
- Once everything is cooked through, turn the heat up to high for 30 seconds. This will toast the rice on the bottom of the pan. Keep an eye on it, you will be able to smell when it is toasted.
- Remove from heat and keep for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges before serving.
Read also: Top 10 Brain Food for Kids
2. Sangria con Frutta
Sangria is a sweet cocktail made from an infusion of Spanish red wine and fresh fruits. It looks fancy, feels festive, and it’s great for making ahead of time.
For your next summer party greet your guests with Sangria con Frutta. It will surely get the party started.
Ingredients for Sangria con Frutta
- 2 medium apples
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 medium oranges
- 1/4 cup orange liquor, such as Cointreau
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2-3 cups of sparkling water
- chilled ice
- measuring cup
- cutting board
- plastic wrap
- long-handled spoon or spatula
How to Prepare Sangria con Frutta
- Cut the apples and oranges into thin slices. Leave the peels on, transfer the cut fruits into a pitcher.
- Measure the brandy and pour it over the fruits.
- Measure the orange liquor and pour it into the pitcher also.
- Uncork the wine and pour it into the pitcher.
- Stir the fruits, liquor, and wine together.
- Don’t taste it immediately cause you will be disappointed. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. Sangria gets softer, sweeter, and much more delicious overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, top off the sangria with sparkling water. Stir gently to combine. Taste and add more if desired. scoop a few pieces of fruits into each iced-filled glass when serving.
NOTE: If you want it to taste sweeter, use tonic water instead of sparkling water.
Read also: What is High Vitamin D Foods?
3. Risotto de Gambas
Risotto de Gambas is a dish made of rice. In preparing Risotto de gambas it should always be round grain and have a lot of starch, always avoid using long, brown, or steamed rice.
Rice is an ingredient that we can combine with many others. In this post, I want to give you the recipe for risotto with prawns, very delicious and nutritious, and it’s not a dish that is too expensive.
- 250 grams of prawns
- 350 grams of round grain rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 liter of fish broth
- 100 grams of butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 100 grams of grated parmesan cheese.
How to Prepare Risotto de Gambas
- The prawns can be frozen to save us the work of having to peel them, what you do have to remove is the intestine.
- You will defrost them and with the tip of a sharp knife you will open them a little and you will remove it without problems, wash and reserve them.
- Heat the fish broth over medium heat, finely chop the garlic and onions. Heat the casserole with a base of olive oil and add the onion and garlic to brown.
- Add the prawns and let them fry a little on both sides when they are ready.
- After some minutes add the rice to make a little, but it must be stirred continuously so that it does not stick. Then add the white wine and let it be consumed and then will add the hot fish broth, to prevent the rice cooking from slowing down.
- Add other glasses of wine and let the rice absorb them and add another two and repeat until it’s finished.
- Once the rice has absorbed the broth, taste how salty it is and rectify if necessary. Add the butter and the parmesan cheese, stirring gently with a wooden spoon so as not to break the rice or prawns. When you get a creamy texture you can serve it and eat it.
4. Ropa Vieja
Ropa vieja is a shredded beef and vegetables that resemble a heap of colorful rags. From the Spanish term for OLD CLOTHES, this is Cuba’s most popular and beloved dishes.
Today we’re going to make some delicious Ropa vieja with a wonderfully rich depth of flavor, I’m pretty confident you are going to love it.
- 4 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 pounds chuck roast, brisket, or flank steak.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped large onions
- 2 chopped red bell peppers
- 7 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon of a diamond crystal
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- chopped cilantro, white rice, black beans, Maduros (for serving)
- 2 bay leaves
- whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, halved crosswise
How to Prepare Ropa Vieja
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a large heatproof pot over high. Cook chuck roast, turning occasionally until browned on both sides, 5-7 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 250 degrees. Cook onion, salt, bell peppers, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, 13-14 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pan, until vegetables are golden brown, 2-5 minutes. Stir in wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until evaporated. Stir in black pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano, and cayenne until vegetables are coated; continue cooking, stirring, until spices are fragrant, just about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and coarsely break up with a spoon. cook and boil stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Nestle roast into tomatoes mixture and tuck in the bay leaves on either side. Cover and transfer to the oven. Braise roast and vegetables until the meat becomes tender 2-3 hours. Let it cool for 15 minutes
- Skim excess fat from sauce; remove bay leaves. Using a potato masher, tear and smash beef into sauce until it’s shredded and mixed into the sauce. Stir in olive and vinegar.
- Your ropa vieja is ready. Top with cilantro. Serve with Maduro’s, rice, and beans alongside.
5. Pulpo A la plancha
If you have never tried octopus, this is a great way to start. Pulpo a la plancha is delicious, tender, and mouthwatering. It is one of the best ways to eat octopus.
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 ibs of octopus, frozen overnight, then thawed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Teaspoon chopped parsley
- Bread to serve
- 350g red radishes, trimmed
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 short cucumbers
How to Prepare Pulpo A la plancha
- Remove the octopus head and discard it.
- Heat a flat, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate as hot as it will go. Place the octopus on the grill, then cover with a heavy-based baking tray and sit a heavyweight such as a cast-iron saucepan on top.
- Cook the octopus for 8-10 mins on each side, then remove from heat, place in a bowl and allow to cool. Slice the octopus into 2.5cm chunks and return to the bowl.
- Peel the radishes and cucumbers, leaving on a little skin to add a flash of color to the plate. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways, remove the seeds using a small spoon, then slice the flesh thinly.
- Cut the radishes in half-length, slice thinly and add to the octopus chunks with the cucumber, lemon juice, parsley, and olive oil.
- Check the seasoning. For the best flavor, serve the octopus while it is warm, with plenty of bread to sop up the juices.
Salmorejo is simply tomatoes, bread, garlic, and extra virgin oil, blended with sherry vinegar It is originating from Cordoba in Andalucia, southern Spain. The olive oil and tomatoes emulsify give the soup a creaminess that makes many people think there is actually cream in the soup but there is not.
Some people top the cold soup with hard-boiled egg and cured Spanish ham, which I would definitely recommend. This recipe I have made is so simple and delicious but if you love please leave me a comment, I’m always looking for experiments.
Ingredients for Salmorejo
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 medium tomatoes (the quality of the tomatoes is the most important factor in the taste.)
- 1 medium Baguette
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- a pinch of salt
- sliced serrano ham
- a pinch of salt
How to prepare Salmorejo
- Firstly put a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Cut a small cross in the bottom of each tomato. When the water is boiling add the tomatoes for 40-60 seconds.
- Remove immediately and place in a cold water bath( fill the bowl with cold or ice water). The skin will peel from the tomatoes.
- Cut out the cores of the tomatoes and add all the rest to your blender. Blend at high speed for about 30 seconds until they are broken down.
- Take all of the guts out of your baguette and add them to the blended tomatoes. The baguette should have given about 2-3 cups of guts and you can check how much you add, as this is how you change the texture. Let the bread soak in the tomato juice for about 5 minutes.
- Add the splash of salt, vinegar, and garlic and blend until the soup is an even texture and the bread is completely taken down.
- If your blender has a small hole in the top open it and slowly add the olive oil as you are blending at a moderate speed. But if it doesn’t have the hole stop the blender and go adding little by little.
- Add 1 hardboiled egg and blend until incorporated. You can taste and adjust the level of vinegar, garlic, bread, and salt.
- Serve in small bowls with diced hardboiled egg and sliced ham as condiments. It is best served cold.
7. Tortilla de Patatas
Tortilla de Patatas is also known as Spanish tortilla or Spanish omelet is a traditional dish from pain and one of the signature dishes in Spanish cuisine. It is made with potatoes and eggs, optionally including onion, salt, and oil. It tastes great and is often served at room temperature.
Ingredients for Tortilla de Patatas
- Yukon gold potatoes
- onion ( yellow or white onions)
- olive oil
- crushed sea salt
How to Prepare Tortilla de Patatas
- Peel and dice the onion, heat a non-stick frypan to medium-low, and add the olive oil, followed by the salt and onions. Stir and sweat until translucent. While the onions sweat peels the potatoes. Once the onions are ready, cut the potatoes into quarters lengthwise. Using a small knife, cut the potatoes into little pyramid-shaped pieces, placing them into the pan as you cut them. Once you are done cutting the potatoes, add the remaining salt, white pepper, and olive oil.
- Turn the heat up to medium and fold everything together. Turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and let it cook. Check the potatoes occasionally to make sure they are not taking on any color. If it is, turn the heat down a bit. When almost done, check for seasoning. it takes 25 to 35 minutes to cook. Once they are cooked, measure out approximately 4 to 41/2 cups into a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and pour over the potatoes, fold together. Put a 9”-inch, non-stick fry pan on medium heat and add the oil. Once it’s hot, add the potatoes and eggs.
- When it starts to cook, give the pan a bit of a shake to make sure the bottom is not sticking. Once the egg starts to set, fold the sides slightly inwards. As soon the edges started to brown, flip over using a large, flat plate.
- Place the pan back into the stove and drizzle with a bit more oil. Slide the tortilla, uncooked side down, back into the pan, and tuck the sides underneath. Cook on medium heat for another 4-5 minutes. Use a large plate to flip the tortilla out of the pan. Allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Preparing the salad and serving the Tortilla.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar, or honey
- 1/2 tsp grey or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- To make the dressing, first crush the garlic and place into a bowl. Add the honey, salt, lemon juice, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- When ready to serve, spoon a few tablespoons of the dressing over the salad and mix.
- Once the tortilla is cooled, cut into wedges and serve with a bit of the salad and a few oven-dried tomatoes for garnish.
8. Garlic Prawns
Garlic prawns are the best way to cook your fresh prawns. It is very simple and delicious, the 3 tips for top-notch garlic prawns is to chop rather than use a mincer for the garlic.
Only marinate for 20 minutes and the splash of white wine gives this a flavor edge as well as stopping the garlic from burning.
Garlic prawnsade for prawns
- 500g of shrimp (peeled and deveined tail on)
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped without crusher/mincer)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Bread for mopping
How to Prepare Garlic prawns
- Place the prawns, olive oil, pepper, and garlic into the bowl. Gently toss then set aside for 20 minutes. Add salt into prawns just before cooking and toss.
- Heat oil and about 1/3 of the butter in a large heavy-based frypan over high heat. When the butter is melted, add half the prawns.
- Cook for 2 minutes until lightly golden then turn with tongs. Cook for 2 minutes again then remove into a plate. Cook the remaining prawns also for 2 minutes on each side.
- Return the first batch of prawns back into the pan.
- Add wine, it will sizzle and be steamy stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until wine is mostly evapourates- around 30 seconds.
- Scatter remaining butter across the pan, add lemon juice. After butter melts, stir for 30 seconds, then remove from stove.
- Transfer to your serving plates, sprinkle with parsley, and serve with extra lemon wedges. Bread for mopping is important.
9. Grilled Squid
Grilled Squid is very easy to prepare and does not take much of your time to complete.
Grilled Squid is simply flavored with olive oil and lemon juice, then quickly grilled to tender perfection.
Squid must be cooked fast over high heat or slow-cooked to achieve tenderness.
Ingredients for Grilled Squid
- 1 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1/2 piece lemon or 2 pieces calamansi
- 3 pieces medium to large squid (cleaned)
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 3 pieces dried Thai chili
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato (diced)
How to Prepare Garlic Prawns
- Mix onion and tomato in a large container
- Add some salt and pepper to the container and mix well.
- Stuff the squid with the onion and tomato mixture. Add more if necessary.
- Grill the Squid for 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with dip and enjoy.
10. Garlic Butter Grilled Prawns
Garlic butter grilled prawns are so juicy, cooked on the grill then coated in a spicy garlic lemon butter sauce.
Serve with rice or crusty bread. It is easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time to be prepared.
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Grilled Prawns
- Black pepper
- 600 grams prawns ( fresh/ frozen)
- 30 grams unsaturated butter
- bamboo skewers
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 dried parsley
- 5-gram mozzarella cheese( grated)
- 4-5 big cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp of salt to taste
- 20 ml of olive oil
How to Prepare Garlic Butter Grilled Prawns
- Cut off the antennae and hard rostrum on the prawn’s head. Thread one prawn onto each skewer. Using a sharp knife de-vein the prawn by cutting about halfway through the prawn from its head to its tail on the back. Wash them well and pat dry paper towels.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together using a small spoon, but the garlic butter herb onto the split back of the prawns. You can brush any leftover paste on the body of the prawns to add some extra buttery-ness.
- Arrange the prawns on a baking tray. Grill them at 200-210 degrees until they are cooked. You can tell by the lovely orange-pink color of their shell. Total baking time will be around 25-30 minutes.
- These delicious prawns are best eaten while hot with a fresh squeeze of lemon. A glass of cold white wine makes it better and fancier. Enjoy your mouth-watering prawns.
Spanish foods near me are definitely a nice choice of Spanish delicacies with many nutrients. However, trying any of these Spanish foods won’t be a bad idea, the best 10 Spanish foods near me and how to prepare listed above are highly nutritious with different great health benefits. Feel free to side ideas or your experience cooking and eating these foods.